RedZone Software is actively seeking a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a Software Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior developer to be hands-on in the development of web-based tools that enable real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity. This role requires a technically competent and well-organized person who can work closely with our other developers and analysts to develop, test, deploy and maintain RedZone’s web applications.
This is a job that makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continuously contributed to public safety awareness, improved emergency response, and ultimately saved lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.
- Contribute to front-end UI and API development projects
- Participate with colleagues in collaborative design and implementation strategies
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of RedZone's complex, real-time geospatial applications
- Contribute technical documentation
- BS or MS in computer science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years experience in web application development
- Experience with two or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Backbone.js, Angular.js, Java, CSS, jQuery and python
- Source code control using SVN, GIT or CVS
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic startup environment
- Familiarity with leaflet.js or other geospatial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems to successful resolution and to take initiative to find solutions
- Experience writing SQL
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, PTO and 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web Developer”. Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.