RedZone Software is actively seeking a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer. This is an opportunity to be hands-on in the development of web-based tools which enable real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity.This role requires a technically competent and well-organized person who can work closely with our other developers and analysts to develop, test, deploy and maintain RedZone’s web applications.
This is a job that makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continuously contributed to public safety awareness, improved emergency response, and ultimately saved lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.
- Design and lead the development RESTful API and front end UI components for a client-facing geospatial web portal
- Work with the senior management team to strategize product direction and contribute to core stack decisions
- Lead a small agile software development team to implement features which have an immediate impact on our customers’ experience
- Promote smart best practices among junior developers
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience in web application development
- Experience with two or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Backbone.js, Angular.js, Java, C++, CSS, jQuery and python
- Source code control using SVN, GIT or CVS
- Experience writing SQL
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic startup environment
- Familiarity with PostGIS or other geospatial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems to successful resolution and to take initiative to find solutions
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, PTO and 401k. Compensation is negotiable and will be based on education and experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Boulder. No contractors or consulting firms will be considered.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line "Senior Software Engineer”. Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.