RedZone Software is actively seeking an innovative developer to join our team. The successful candidate will help create new solutions for real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and off-line geospatial applications. Your work will contribute to public safety awareness, improve emergency response and ultimately save lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of RedZone's complex, real-time geospatial applications
- Participate with colleagues in collaborative design and implementation strategies
- Develop compatible component modules which exhibit robust, atomic and fault-tolerant capabilities
- Take ownership of one or more application or technology areas
- Technical documentation
- 2+ years experience in Java or other OO language
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable technical training
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Comfortable working within a small, interactive team of developers
- Excellent communication, reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Object-oriented design principles
- REST and SOAP web services architectures
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS administration
- Linux deployment and scripting
- Applied mathematics
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, PTO and 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line " Software Engineer". Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.
We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.